The Signing Tree Venue is BID Services’ social enterprise business. BID Services is a charity which aims to enable and empower people with a sensory impairment and other disabilities to live fulfilled, healthy, independent lives.
We invest any profits made by the Signing Tree Venue through the provision of conference, training and meeting spaces back into our charitable work. Last year over 590 organisations and 10,200 clients supported the Signing Tree Venue and we would like to say a massive thank you to you all.
As a result of booking with us and your ongoing support, you helped us to:
- Support nearly 6,000 people
- Engage over 250 people and their families through our youth, sports, health, wellbeing and family services
- Provide rehabilitation and mobility training to over 650 people with visual impairments
- Support 250 people through our Employment Service resulting in 56 gaining employment and 109 entering education or training
- Undertake over 1,200 visual impairment assessments
- Provide sensory impairment awareness training helping increase awareness and understanding of sensory impairments
- And much more!
Every few years we compile all of our achievements such as these into an impact report and this week at BID Services, we are launching our Impact Report for 2020. Throughout this week, we will be celebrating the achievements of those we support, highlighting the work we have done as an organisation and looking to the future with a short video each day including different stories from across the organisation.
To read our full impact report, head to www.bid.org.uk.